Submission Guidelines and Criteria for Presentations
Overall acceptance rates vary in any given year – not all proposals will be accepted. In addition to completeness, accuracy and clarity of the proposal, an independent review committee will rate presentation proposal submissions against the following criteria:
- Relevance to conference theme and alignment to central topic within a strand;
- Technical merit – would likely, if expanded to a manuscript, be published in a peer-reviewed journal;
- Is innovative – introduces new ideas, methods, and/or approaches that promote new knowledge and have the potential to contribute to the field;
- Focuses on broader issues of evaluation methods, theories, policies and practices that have value to a wide community within CES, to in contrast to presenting findings of a specific evaluation;
- Experience, subject matter expertise, background and geography of presenter(s) contribute to the diversity of presentations;
- Includes interactive and/or other methods to support learning where applicable.
Presentation Proposal Submission Procedures
Proposals will only be admissible if submitted through the online submission system on or before February 22, 2013. Proposals must include the following:
- Type of presentation
- Conference strand addressed by presentation
- Abstract (150 words or fewer)
- Description of relevance (500 words or fewer)
- Keywords of topics that will be covered
- Language of presentation
- Presenters’ affiliation and contact information including complete mailing address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address
- Presenters’ biography including previous experience speaking to groups and up to 3 areas of subject matter expertise (300 words or fewer)
Presenters selected will be notified via e-mail by March 4, 2013 and are expected to register for the conference no later than March 29, 2013. Considering the benefits of attending the conference, presenters do not receive reduced conference fees; instead, presenters are guaranteed the early bird conference registration rate. Refunds will be given for requests received in writing postmarked no later than April 15, 2013, less an administration fee of $50.00. After that date, we regret no refunds will be issued; however, we will accept substitute delegates.
Please note that a data projector, PC laptop and screen will be provided. All other equipment must be ordered in advance and paid for by presenters.
Submission Guidelines and Criteria for Workshops
Professional Development Workshops are hands-on, interactive sessions that provide an in-depth exploration of an evaluation-related skill or knowledge area. Presenters are expected to have excellent facilitation skills and significant subject matter expertise. Workshops will be delivered in the language of submission (English or French).
Workshops precede the conference by taking place on Sunday June 9, 2013 over either:
- Full Day – 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Morning – 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Afternoon – 1:00pm to 4:00pm.
Due to factors such as space availability, demand, quality, overlap and the need offer beginner and advanced topics, not all proposals will be accepted. An independent review committee will rate workshop proposal submissions according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the Workshop Proposal Submission, including clarity, conciseness, completeness
- Appropriateness of the workshop description and learning outcomes
- Fit between the topic and teaching/learning strategies described
- Relevance of the topic given current trends in evaluation
- Experience, subject matter expertise, background and geography of facilitators(s) to contribute to the diversity of workshops
Workshop Proposal Submission Procedures
Download the Workshop Proposal Submission Form. Complete all 15 information fields and checklists. Carefully review and edit your submission to meet the review criteria above. Complete the submission process by submitting your form via e-mail to email@example.com on or before January 30, 2013.
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete proposal submissions will not be reviewed.
Pre-conference workshop facilitators selected will be notified via e-mail by February 15, 2013.
Please note that a data projector, PC laptop, screen and flipcharts will be provided. All other equipment must be ordered in advance and paid for by facilitators.
Conference registration refunds will be given for requests received in writing postmarked no later than April 15, 2013, less an administration fee of $50.00. After that date, we regret no refunds will be issued; however, we will accept substitute delegates.